Brushing and flossing should be a part of your everyday routine, that includes brushing twice a day and flossing once a day. Taking good care of your oral health is absolutely essential to your overall good health and is unquestionably the best way for you to avoid any future dental issues. But did you know there are certain ways you can brush and floss that offer the best results? Making sure you are able to reach all areas of the tooth in order to completely remove all food particles is very important when it comes to avoiding cavities.
How well do you brush and floss your teeth? If it happens to be time for your six month examination be sure to call us today for an appointment.
Five tips for brushing, flossing
The following are five really great tips that will help dental patients better take care of their teeth. In order to help keep teeth clean between brushings, it is important to know that eating fruits and vegetables throughout the day can naturally clean the teeth.
1. Brush for two minutes. Most dentists agree that two minutes is the perfect amount of time to brush one’s teeth.
2. Do not forget the back teeth. The back teeth are often the most neglected, which can lead to one getting a lot of cavities.
3. Start brushing in a different place every time. This is a great way to make sure that the entire tooth is brushed as the areas brushed last often get neglected due to the brusher wanting to be done.
4. Clean the toothbrush. Thoroughly cleaning the toothbrush will help to remove any harmful bacteria that tends to build up over time.
5. Replace every 4 months. The bristles of a toothbrush wear out quickly making it a good idea to replace it about every four months.
Five mistakes to avoid when brushing, flossing
The following are 5 common mistakes dental patients should try to avoid when it comes to brushing and flossing their teeth properly:
1. Choosing the wrong toothbrush.
2. Brushing too hard.
3. Flossing too hard.
4. Brushing in a back and forth motion.
5. Ignoring the gums.
Brushing and flossing your teeth are two of the most important things you can do to take proper care of your teeth. By following the above tips you can be sure that when you brush and floss you are removing all of the food particles that can create the tartar buildup that eventually leads to your getting cavities. If you happen to be someone who leaves the water running when brushing your teeth please understand that leaving it on for a full 2 minutes is a lot of water waste. Instead, try to do something else when brushing your teeth, like watching the news.
If you have any questions call Robert S. Sykes, DDS at (770) 873-7241.
There are multiple reasons why you should ensure that you and your entire household maintain healthy teeth. From having amazing and sparkling smiles to avoiding toothaches, keeping gum diseases at a minimum, being able to …
Are you aware that your mouth is home to over 700 different bacterial strains? However, not all of them are harmful. This does not mean that you have to sleep on your dental care obligations …
Understanding the importance of picking a toothbrush and toothpaste goes a long way when it comes to keeping your mouth and gums healthy. Brushing is an important element of a good oral care routine, and …
If you have severe acid reflux, you may end up needing a dentist. Since acid reflux impacts your stomach and digestive track, it may seem strange that the two are connected. In reality, it is …